I'm sharing this recipe that morphed after items were unavailable at two grocery stores. Neither Trader Joes, nor Aldi carried the yellow squash originally listed in the Real Simple recipe I was preparing.
So, I ended up creating this which is Aldi friendly and the boys loved it - BOTH of them!
- 1 pkg whole grain Gnocci
- Olive Oil
- 2 zucchinis large chopped
- 5 cloves garlic (4 rough chopped, 1 smashed)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. parmesan cheese (or more)
- Salt and set to boil water for gnocchi.
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a medium size pot (enough to hold entire dish at end). Add zucchini and 4 garlic cloves chopped and sauté on med-hi heat for about 7 minutes until soft. Remove from pot.
- Boil gnocchi according to package directions, probably about 2-5 minutes until all are mostly floating. Once boiled and drained, combine with cooked zucchini.
- Begin Alfredo sauce by melting the remaining 2 tbsp. butter in the pot, adding cream and simmering about 5 minutes. Finally, add parmesan cheese and the smashed garlic clove, stirring and heating through until all cheese is melted.
- Add back in gnocchi and zucchini to the Alfredo sauce prepared in the pot and serve.