This is an adaptation of two different recipes and 'What I Had in the Fridge'. It was so incredibly tasty and easy I had to share! Next time you open a bottle of white wine, put this in your weekly meal plan.
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil to coat pan to cook beef
- 1 lbs sirloin steak (or stew meat), seasoned with salt and pepper, cut in large cubes
- 1-2 cartons basic button mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion large chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4-more heaping tbsp of plain whole fat yogurt
- 2 heaping tbsp sour cream
Cook noodles according to package instructions.
Saute beef in oiled pan 1 min per side, so that centers are slightly pink, remove them from the heat and the let rest'. Cut into smaller pieces at this point if you have a toddler or don't want to cut your dinner.
In same pan, saute mushrooms and onion in oil and meat grease 5-6 min. Add wine and simmer 2-3 min. Add yogurt and sour cream until sauce looks like a substantial enough amount to pair with noodles.
Add noodles to same pan and toss. Or throw them all in a bowl.
DELICIOUS and your toddler may give it a chance if they don't get a forkful with a mushroom on it.