Going to try this for our almost 1 year old boy, and no that is not David in the chili costume.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth (no salt - ormake your own.)
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 cup ground turkey or beef - cooked
- pinch of pepper, garlic powder, turmeric, cumin
In a large pot saute the onion and celery in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the broth and cooked kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, add the meat and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Serve as is or mash/puree if your baby is not accustomed to chunks and texture. Use a potato masher for babies who enjoy texture.